Your Help is Needed
Today, I'm seeking your help.
I've been writing posts about job search on my Wisewolf Talking blog for about four years. That isn't all I write about on that particular blog but recently it has been a popular subject. So I've decided to bring all the research I've done to produce those posts into a new book about job search.
I'm setting out my thoughts under six main headings:
• Job search today and creating an overall job search strategy
• Finding the right opportunities
• Becoming a good candidate
• Going through the recruitment process, with a detailed guide to managing interviews
• Making a good start in the new role
• Maintaining your confidence and self belief throughout
What I need from you now please, are your thoughts on the advice you would welcome most in a book like this.
• If you are looking for work, what is the nugget you would welcome?
• If you are a recruiter, what is it you would like candidates to know that no one seems to tell them?
There will be signed copies of the book for the three best suggestions and your contribution will be acknowledged in the book itself.
While on the subject of Wisewolf Talking, it is interesting to see what the most popular posts turn out to be. Sometimes it can be a bit worrying. A post I wrote a while ago about handling a boss who feels jealous remains popular. So is the post I wrote this week about anger at work. The recession doesn’t seem to have generated a happier climate in the workplace. I’d be interested to hear what your experience has been.
Remember to get in touch if you need help with your job search; I offer a trial free half hour coaching session by phone or Skype.
I wish all those starting out on, or a continuing, a job search this week every success.