Wendy Mason is a Career Coach and Life Coach helping you to solve difficult problems at work and at home.
Do you need comfort? Try some of these!
- Kiss your husband/wife or partner or give your best friend a hug – tell them you love them.
- Cuddle a baby – touch base with the young mother in your circle and share some time with her and the little one.
- Take your dog for a walk or play with the cat. Animals are great non-judgemental company!
- Call your Mum or a friend you haven’t seen for a long time!
- Weed your garden. If you don’t have one, find out about local community gardens and join in. Going back to the earth is a great way to touch base with yourself.
- Go on a walk through the woods and experience the smells and sights around you. Take lots of pictures and share your walk on Facebook
- Sit in the park and people-watch then find a little cafe and have tea/coffee and cake
- Watch your favourite movie or read your favourite book.
- Sing in your choir or just sing in the shower. You can just hum and dance in your own living room.
- Meditate or go to your place of worship to spend some quiet time and connect with yourself.
- If someone has hurt you, find someone you trust to talk it through with. Sharing usually helps.
Above all remember this will pass. Just as the spring comes after winter, the sun will come back to your personal sky and shine again.