New relationship? 10 tips to help it last!
- Nothing erodes confidence more than trying to maintain a facade! It is exhausting and might cost you the relationship when (not if) you get caught out!
- Talk to each other and don't play games. Speak up if something is bothering one of you - be kind and listen to each other.
- If one of you cannot, then stop and think very carefully whether this relationship is right for you!
- Ruminating on a relationship can kill it. Who knows right now whether it is going to last. Give it time to grow and flower - enjoy it for what it is. This takes the pressure off both of you.
- If you begin to think “I don’t really deserve this wonderful person” change it immediately to “I deserve a good relationship with someone special like me!" Repeat! Repeat! This, too, will take the pressure off both of you - you can both feel good about each other!
- Be honest about how you really feel about sex, families, religious differences etc! Much better to know where you both stand from the beginning - shocks later can be disastrous and very painful to live with!