- Nothing erodes confidence more than trying to maintain a facade! It is exhausting and might cost you the relationship when (not if) you get caught out!
- Talk to each other and don't play games. Speak up if something is bothering one of you - be kind and listen to each other.
- If one of you cannot, then stop and think very carefully whether this relationship is right for you!
- Ruminating on a relationship can kill it. Who knows right now whether it is going to last. Give it time to grow and flower - enjoy it for what it is. This takes the pressure off both of you.
- If you begin to think “I don’t really deserve this wonderful person” change it immediately to “I deserve a good relationship with someone special like me!" Repeat! Repeat! This, too, will take the pressure off both of you - you can both feel good about each other!
- Be honest about how you really feel about sex, families, religious differences etc! Much better to know where you both stand from the beginning - shocks later can be disastrous and very painful to live with!
Friday Recipe - Catalan Fish Stew - Rick Stein This is an everyday Catalan fish soup that is more like a stew and has several variants. Like so many Catalan dishes, it starts with a sofregit of fried garlic and tomato. A hearty Catalan fish soup; a meal in bowl. Catalan fish stew Ingredients 6 tbsp olive oil 1 large Spanish onion, chopped 2 fennel bulbs, chopped 150g/5oz chorizo, diced 1 red chilli, finely chopped 1 tsp fennel seeds, ground 2 cloves new season garlic, crushed ½tsp sweet paprika powder 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves 1 tsp saffron strands (optional) 3 fresh bay leaves 1 tin plum tomatoes 100ml/3½ fl oz fish stock or water 150ml/5 fl oz white wine 500g/1 lb 2oz mussels, cleaned 650g/1 lb 7 oz firm white fish (bream, pollock, cod, monkfish), filleted, dredged in flour and fried in olive oil 100g/3½ oz toasted almonds, ground To serve 1 lemon, cut into wedges steamed potatoes and spring greens Preparation method