What is box breathing?
Box breathing is a simple yet powerful breathing technique that can help you to relax, focus, and manage stress. It is also known as square breathing or 4-7-8 breathing.
To do box
breathing, follow these steps:
- Find a comfortable position where you can sit or lie down with your back straight.
- Place one hand on your chest and the other on your stomach.
- Breathe in through your nose for a count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of seven.
- Breathe out through your mouth for a count of eight.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for a total of four rounds.
- As you breathe, focus on the rise and fall of your stomach. If you find your mind wandering, gently bring it back to your breath.
Benefits of box breathing
Box breathing has been shown to have a number of benefits, including:
Reducing stress and anxiety
Improving focus and concentration
Reducing blood pressure
Slowing heart rate
Promoting relaxation and sleep
How to use box breathing
Box breathing can be used in a variety of settings, including:
- Before or during a stressful event
- When you are feeling anxious or stressed
- When you are trying to fall asleep
- When you are feeling overwhelmed or agitated
Tips for box breathing
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of box breathing:
- Practice regularly. The more you practice, the easier it will become.
- Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
- Focus on your breath and let go of any thoughts or worries.
- Be patient. It may take some time to notice the benefits of box breathing.
Post a Comment
I am very grateful for your comment. Thank you!